Re: Location of footing reinforcement

i think the reinforcing is predomiantly shrinkage steel and the placement on
the bottom is so easily faciliated versus trying to place it on the top.

Most forces that a narrow strip footing (not a wide one) are generally checked
as unreinforced concrete in most cases I have seen.   Shear, bending in the
short dimension etc have been checked as unreinforced concrete in most cases I
have seen.

my 37 cents worth