Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Lean concrete

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
A common term around these parts (the southeast US) is "lean concrete"
or, more technically, "controlled low strength structural fill".  ACI
has a publication on it, sorry I don't know the number.


-----Original Message-----
From: J. Karim Hosseinzadeh [mailto:jamkar(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 1998 7:19 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Re: Lean concrete

I would specify it as "slurry concrete".

Karim Hosseinzadeh
> From: Szuchuan Chang <szchang(--nospam--at)>
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject: Lean concrete
> Date: Thursday, September 17, 1998 4:13 PM
> Need to fill thre 8'-deep pits that are housing floor scales.  Will
> about 400 cubic-yards of material to fill them.  Thinking of use lean
> concrete to avoid the testing and inspection of compaction. (top 18"
> must be concreted anyway.)
> How to specify lean concrete that will be used for fill only?
> Thanks
> Sam Chang
> Cupertino, CA