RE: Lean concrete

CLSM is a good product that I have specified many times.  I would advise that if you foresee the possibility of excavation in the future, you need to note that to the supplier and put an upper f'c limit of 200 psi.  I have heard of a CLSM that was over 2500 psi and very difficult to excavate with a back hoe.

You will get more shrinkage than regular concrete, but a lot less settlement than soil.

Harold Sprague, PE
Krawinkler, Luth & Assoc.