Re: Seismic Isolation Information Request

Some Vendors (addresses & Phone # may be old)

In no particular order or preference:

1. Dynamic Isolation Systems, Inc.

2. BTR - Andre
Staffprdshire, England DE130SN
01144 (28) 351-0510

3. Bridgestone Engineering Products Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 6147
Huntington Beach, CA 92615-6147
(714) 962-1666

4. Skellerup Industries Ltd.
124 Marshall Street
Christchurch, New Zealand, Private Bag 4736

5. TRY THE WWW, many more out there now adays.

Refereces:

New and old publications, in no particular order or preference:

1. ATC-17 Proceedings of a Seminar and Workshop on Base Isolation and Passive
Energy Dissipation, 1986

2. ATC-17-1 Proceedings of a Seminar on Seismic Isolation, Passive Energy
Dissipation and Active Control, 1993

3. Various isolation, energy dissapation papers from the Earthquake Engineering
Reseach Center, Univ. of Calif., Berkeley (EERC).

4. Tentative Seismic Isolation Design Requirements, SEAONC Seismology
Committee, 1986.

5. Design and Construction of Base Isolated Buildings, SEAOSC,
1988

6. Seismic Base Isolation: State of the Practice, SEAOSC, 1994

7. Papers on Base Isolation - Base Isolation Workshop, May 5, 1992, Naval Civil
Engineering Laboratory, Structural Division, Port Hueneme, California

8. Recommended Lateral Force Requirements and Commentary, 1996 Edit., (Blue
Book), SEAOC.

9. Mayes, R. , DIS, "Design of Structures with Seismic Isolation", ,Chp 13, The
Seismic Design Handbook, F. Naeim Editor. 1989

10. UBC 1994, 1997

11. Kircher, C.A., Hart, G.C., and Romstad, K.M., "Development of Design
Requirements for Seismically Isolated Structures," Seismic Engineering,
Research Practice, Proceedings of ASCE Structures Congress, San Francisco,
California, May, 1989.

How this helps.

Mr, Kehshin Chi or Mr. Robert Bachman, if you there, can you suggest any
others?

Regards,
ed gonzalez

>>> "Leopoldo_Sanz_Bocaranda" <foldo(--nospam--at)telcel.net.ve> 09/18/98 08:17AM >>>
I'm developing an introductorial research on Seismic Isolation. Thus, I would
be gratefull for receiving any information regarding this, including images, if
possible. We're partculary interested on lead-rubber bearings and PTFE sliding
isolators