Grade 5 bolts

Can someone comment on use of Grade 5 (ASME/ANSI B18.2.1) bolts in place of
A325 bolts?  I am talking about 1/2" and 5/8" dia bolts used for design of
small steel frames which house equipment.  The design is based on use of 1/2'
diameter A325 bolts for a frame that is designed for UBC seismic zone 4.
Published strength of Grade 5 bolts is Fu=120,000 psi which is same as Fu for
A325 bolts.  My concern is that small size bolts are typically zinc plated and
therefore may not be suitable for structural application.  My initial response
is not to use Grade 5 bolts.  However, I would like your opinion.  Is it o.k.
to use if there is no zinc plating (as for larger diameter Grade 5 bolts)?

Thanks.

Anand Nene, S. E.