Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Application of 3Rw/8 - How to apply[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEA International List" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Application of 3Rw/8 - How to apply
- From: "Dennis S. Wish PE" <wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:38:14 -0700
I design very little steel so I apologize up front for my lack of understanding regardless of the number of posts which have been sent on this issue. I am in need of a fast answer and would appreciate any responses.
I have designed a simple (Ordinary) moment frame for a seismic retrofit. The frame is one bay - 25 feet between columns and 12 feet in height. The lateral load applied from the results of the UCBC design is 10.57 Kips. The frame is pinned at the base and therefore develops moment in the connection of beam to column.
Do I apply 3Rw/8 to the moment at the connection or is it applied to both the moment and the shear at the end of the beam?
Also, is it correct to assume Rw is equal to 8 for use with an Ordinary Moment Frame?
I appreciate any fast responses.
Dennis Wish PE
- Prev by Subject: Re: Application for Structural drafter
- Next by Subject: RE: Application of 3Rw/8 - How to apply
- Previous by thread: FAQ Part 2
- Next by thread: RE: Application of 3Rw/8 - How to apply