Handicap Wood Ramp Detail

I am working on a handicap ramp made of wood.  It has to have a maximum slope
of 1:12 for ADA.  The question I have is how to detail the bottom of the ramp
where it meets the ground.  Since the ramp has such a slight slope, the
stringers die into the ground.  Let me illustrate.  If I have a 2x8 side
stringer sloping down supporting the edge of deck it will be in contact (or
have a taper cut) for 7 to 8 feet at the bottom of the ramp.

How are wood ramps usually detailed at the base of the ramp to provide
support, but I assume, no contact with the ground?  Is a long slab of
concrete poured under it?

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org