Re: Re: Handicap Wood Ramp Detail

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org,Internet writes:
It seems more info is needed for an appropriate detail.  Is this an
exterior ramp?  Is the ramp being constructed over an existing walkway or
over soil?  What is the walkway constructed of?  Is the connecting walkway
being built with the ramp?

Assuming the ramp is built at the same time with the exterior concrete
walkway on grade, the wood ramp could be designed to abut the concrete edge
at a depressed surface with enough space for the ramp framing.

	                                  /<----ramp
	                                /
	_______________/
	                              |<---concrete edge

It is an exterior wood deck and ramp built with pressure treated wood.  I
believe the sidewalks will be concrete, but I am not sure.  I have to verify
it.  I like the idea posted earlier of building the lower section out of
concrete, then attaching the wood ramp to it.  It would be similar to what
you have suggested except the concrete edge would be above grade rather than
below it.

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org