Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Re: Handicap Wood Ramp Detail[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Re: Handicap Wood Ramp Detail
- From: rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org (Richard Lewis)
- Date: 24 Sep 1998 21:05:19 GMT
- Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org,Internet writes: It seems more info is needed for an appropriate detail. Is this an exterior ramp? Is the ramp being constructed over an existing walkway or over soil? What is the walkway constructed of? Is the connecting walkway being built with the ramp? Assuming the ramp is built at the same time with the exterior concrete walkway on grade, the wood ramp could be designed to abut the concrete edge at a depressed surface with enough space for the ramp framing. /<----ramp / _______________/ |<---concrete edge |___________ It is an exterior wood deck and ramp built with pressure treated wood. I believe the sidewalks will be concrete, but I am not sure. I have to verify it. I like the idea posted earlier of building the lower section out of concrete, then attaching the wood ramp to it. It would be similar to what you have suggested except the concrete edge would be above grade rather than below it. __________________________________________________ Richard Lewis, P.E. Missionary TECH Team rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org The service mission like-minded Christian organizations may turn to for technical assistance and know-how.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Handicap Wood Ramp Detail
- Next by Subject: Re: Handicap Wood Ramp Detail
- Previous by thread: RE: Handicap Wood Ramp Detail
- Next by thread: Re: Handicap Wood Ramp Detail