RE: 316 Stainless values

For straight Type 316, I use 30 ksi for yield and 75 ksi for tensile
stresses.  For applications requiring welding, Type 316L is better, but the
values are 25 ksi and 70 ksi respectively.  A good source if you have access
to it is the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII Division 1,
Table UHA-23.   There are a number of ASTM specs that apply, depending on
the form you are using (e.g., plate, tube, etc.).  Also, elastic modulus is
28 x 10^3 ksi.  Coefficient of thermal expansion is also different from
carbon steel (one value reported is 10.3 x 10^-6 in/in/degree F.).