Re: 316 Stainless values

>Can anyone give me some approximate strengths of 316 Stainless Steel.  I do
>not have any information on the 316 Stainless (such as a letter designation
>etc.)
Look them up in the applicable ASTM standards and use those numbers. 300
series stainless is very sensitive to cold work and you can get great
strength from cold worked sheet and plate, but welding puts it right back
to dead soft. Be real careful about handbook values. International Nickel
used to have a pretty good selection of literature on stainless in
structural applications. Austenitic stainless is a different beast--don't
think of it as A36 that doesn't rust.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw