Re: 316 Stainless values

> Can anyone give me some approximate strengths of 316 Stainless Steel.  <

I use the values listed in ASTM A666, which is referenced in ASCE 8-90:

Types 304/316:     30 ksi yield   75 ksi tensile strength
Types 304L/316L:   25 ksi yield   70 ksi tensile strength

Note: do not design per AISC design formulas - there are "plasticity
reduction
factors" which reduce the flexural strength of stainless steel beams.