Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: 316 Stainless values[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: 316 Stainless values
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 25 Sep 98 16:28:56 -0400
> Can anyone give me some approximate strengths of 316 Stainless Steel. < I use the values listed in ASTM A666, which is referenced in ASCE 8-90: Types 304/316: 30 ksi yield 75 ksi tensile strength Types 304L/316L: 25 ksi yield 70 ksi tensile strength Note: do not design per AISC design formulas - there are "plasticity reduction factors" which reduce the flexural strength of stainless steel beams.
- Prev by Subject: Re: 316 Stainless values
- Next by Subject: A 588 STEEL / STACK DESIGN
- Previous by thread: RE: 316 Stainless values
- Next by thread: Wish On Line