The Ken Starr Quote from '60 Minutes' is Bogus

Well, isn't this great?  In my opinion, this is about par for the course when you consider the massive misinformation campaign the supporters of the President/detractors of anyone (Kenneth Starr included) who has just been doing their job to expose this mess, has resorted to.

I wonder if THIS information will spread as fast as the MISinformation of the spurious "quote" itself?

Enjoy!

[QUOTE MODE ON]

BOGUS Ken Starr QUOTE BEING CIRCULATED

Star Tribune Website editor's Usenet Posting
Sept 25, 1998 Steve Yelvington, Editor, startribune.com (Mpls Star Tribune)

Here is the quote that is being attributed to Kenneth Starr:

"Public media should not contain explicit or implied descriptions of sex acts. Our society should be purged of the perverts who provide the media with pornographic material while pretending it has some redeeming social value under the public's 'right to know.'" -- Kenneth Starr, 1987, "Sixty Minutes" interview with Diane Sawyer.

This is what the Star Tribune on-line web site editor, Steve Yelvington, had to say about this quote:

"That juicy Kenneth Starr quote is yet another of the net.legends.bogus variety, along with the modem tax, the Craig Shergold letter, Good Times, and MAKE.MONEY.FAST.

CBS says it can find no record of Kenneth Starr ever appearing on the show. Al Kamen pointed out in the Washington Post this morning: "anyone who knows Starr knows he doesn't talk that way." (Kamen also said that if you recite that quote out loud, you sound like Daffy Duck. I have not tried that.)

Unfortunately, it's showing up as a tagline in sigfiles, which is a remarkably efficient way of spreading this mind virus."

[QUOTE MODE OFF]