Re: ETABS Modelling

John Alcaras wrote:

> Currently I am modeling a 10-Story RC Structure of Flat-Plate Slab with
> Shear Walls and Columns in UBC Seismic Zone 4. Could somebody
> give me an idea or a procedure to model the said structure in ETABS
> version 6.2 with flexible floors.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John E. Alcaras PE

Dear John,

When modelling flexible floor, first you must release all joints.
Choose lumping points for your mass then connect two or more column
lines near the mass.

Also you have to define floor bays then assigned properties to them.
Hope this help or could give me a call at (604) 524-0741.

Regards,

Celso