Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Reinforced Concrete Block

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

If you wish to ensure shear transfer then you will have to extend the reinforcing, however, the extended length has to have a bond breaker such as a PVC sleeve or denzo tape etc to let the expansion and/or contraction occur.  Curtailing rebar of course means that if it is a shear wall then the wall ends there.

Thor A. Tandy   P.Eng,  MCSCE,  MIPENZ
Victoria, BC, Canada
e-mail: <vicpeng(--nospam--at)>

-----Original Message-----
From: terrence turner <tnturner(--nospam--at)>
To: seaint(--nospam--at) <seaint(--nospam--at)>
Date: Saturday, September 26, 1998 10:48 PM
Subject: Reinforced Concrete Block

>At our office there are diverging opinions about whether to provide
>continuous reinforcement (HDMR) across an expansion joint of a reinforced
>concrete block wall.   Any opinions on this subject?
>Thanks in advance
>Jon Turner