RE: Mechanical Properties of Marble

Hi Walter,

Marble is a very inhomogeneous material.
To make my point clear about its properties,
I would rhetorically ask "What are the properties of soil?"

Following is just the voice of my amateur experience with marble:

What I would do is to make a frame of angle section in which
I would insert the marble plate. Of course, the front of the plate can
be treated so that it will cover the thickness of the
angle, thus the angle frame being invisible.

I hope this hepls.

Peter Rangelow
Frankfurt
Germany