Re: Water Retaining Concrete

Chance,

Unforturnately, I don't have a good source for you.  However, my quick calc of
eqn (10-4) of ACI 318 for the situation you described above seems to indicate
the design has a 'z' value roughly twice that allowed by code.  Thus twice the
corresponding limiting crack width of 0.013 = 0.026 should be expected.  Seems
like that is what may be occuring.  If it is not to late, you may need to
roughly double the reinforcing for the remainder of the job.  Hope all turns
out well.

Dan Huntington
KJWW Engineering