Long Beach Wood Fair

I just wanted to send this short note to thank all of the friends I made on this list who introduced themselves to me at the Wood, Particularly, I wanted to thank Buddy Showalter, Dave Tyree and Brad Douglas of AF&PA, Canadian Wood Council, John Rose and the APA, Kirk Grundahl of Wood Truss Council of America, Southern Pine Council and all the exhibitors and seminar speakers who made the Wood Fair possible.
For those who were not there, I can only recommend that you attend next time or in the near future when the Wood Fair appears in your area. I believe the next stop is Arizona.
I hope that Buddy will provide a schedule of their upcomming events so that you are all well aware of the place and time.
Over 700 attended this fair and some thirty companies represented their products including some unique alternatives to plywood shear walls - Simpson, SDS and Hardy. After the panel discussion this afternoon about the '97 UBC changes in wood design, I believe that the market for these proprietary products is very timely.

I will try and provide a brief (:>)) overview of the wood fair in the next week. We will also be posting a page on the SEAint Website with photo's of the guest speakers at the panel discussion.

As a final note - I just wanted to congradulate Tim McCormick for his new position as Chief Building Official for the City of Santa Monica and also to Andy Adelman as the new Chief Building Official for the City of Los Angeles.

Thanks again to all of you who made the Wood Fair possible.

Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish PE