Re: Cranes and earthquake loads

It depends on the crane service.  Cranes and their supporting structures in
nuclear facilities are often designed to resist earthquakes.  In addition
to bracing and larger members, brackets are often required to keep crane
wheels on rails.  It is unlikely that a crane will be fully loaded during
an earthquake.  However, if the results of a failure are serious enough the
loaded crane and its support structure should be designed to resist
earthquake loads.

"Geoffrey G. Melchor" <melbec(--nospam--at)saipan.com> on 10/01/98 12:20:01 AM