Re: Water Retaining Concrete

Roger,

Good point.  However, eqn 10-4 is an excellent source to estimate the expected
flexural cracking of a section (even a wall).  I do not interpret 10-4 as an
explicit code requirement for minimum steel.  Rather, I view the equation (and
corresponding commentary equation) as the Code prescribed and endorsed method of
checking expected flexural crack widths, regardless of whether a design meets
the minimum steel requirements specified elsewhere in the Code.

Dan Huntington
KJWW Engineering