Re: Wall weight in base shear computation

The addition of parallel to load walls in calculating the diaphragm shears
seems to me to be a judgment call. I believe the parallel walls would have to
be partition walls and not actual shear walls. Whether to add a partition
weight to the load on the diaphragm would be dependent on the ability of the
wall to stand alone and resist a lateral load without the aid of  an outside
support (ie: diaphragm at top of wall).
my $.02