RE: COMP: DesignJet 600 Plotter on a COM port

I'm guessing that you are using a serial connection because you have a
normal printer on LPT1 and do not want to use a manual switchbox?
Another possible (I'm not sure about it using an IRQ) but an auxilliary
I/O card could give you extra parallel connections.  There are some
"automatic" parallel switchboxes out there with their software loaded,
can route the LPT signal properly.

You can always drop some big dollars by setting up a network at home and
buy a printer server to run your plotter, or use an old 486 connected to
the network and have your plotter hooked up to that parallel port to act
like a print server.

Ed Chin, PE
Seattle, WA