Re: Water Retaining Concrete

Is the crack in vertical or horizontal direction?  If it is vertical,
has it occured at the control joint? Is there any way you can determine
the crack width through the thickness of wall? What curing method did
you use?  Was the backfill in place when you started seeing the crack?

As a general rule, I do not use flyash or any other pozzalona with
concrete used for structural purposes, mainly because of a wide
variation in their properties.  By the way, did you have any concrete
tests done on field samples?  What was the pressing need for using super
placticizer?  With 2' thick walls and the amount of reinforcement you
have, compaction with conventional vibration should have been possible.

Please, furnish answers to my questions, and I will come with a solution
to your predicament.

Rajendran