From: ErnieNSE(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:ErnieNSE(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 03, 1998 10:33 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Printer for AUTOCAD Files

I have a lasejet 4p with 4mb memory and it wont print a full sheet(8 1/2x11)
of notes or a complicated detail or a whole sheet of reduced size structural
plan. It does print a smple detail or plan with few notes. Anybody has an
idea
what the problem is?

I"m planning to buy an inkjet printer that prints on 11x17. Will the HP
Deskjet 1120Cse work? Do I need to buy additional memory? Will a 24x36 plan
fit half scale on the 11x17 and still be readable?

How about the Epson Stylus Color 1520? It says paper sizes up to 17x22 and
continuous banner up to 44 ft long. It also says maximum printable area
13.6"x21.78" .

Both are the same price($499). any suggestions or comments on which one
works
better? Do I need to buy anything else to make it work on AUTOCAD files.

A 36" wide inkjet plotter is on my wish list but the cheapest one is
$2500+/-
and is out of my budget for now.

TIA

Ernie Natividad