Re: CUREE-CALTECH WOODFRAME PROJECT RECEIVES

Dennis S. Wish PE wrote:

> I would RESPECTFULLY submit to Bob Bossi that the "bodies have been found".

Dennis:

I'am not sure that they have been found yet but at least we are finally looking
for them!  We certainly have a very impressive list of members of our profession
looking for them.  I would, however,  like to see more end user (builder,
building official, insurance and owner) representation.

My concern is that, while we could build the damage resistant house, does anyone
want one?  FEMA and CalOES do because it will be cheaper for them and the
taxpayers then to continue to pay out after every disaster.  But what would
happen if we simply stopped having the government save us from ourselves?  Just
a thought.

Bob