Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Seismic force on pile cap[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Seismic force on pile cap
- From: "A. Daneshvar" <daneshva(--nospam--at)sums.ac.ir>
- Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 07:27:16 +0330
I am designing a pile supported structure. The bottom of pile cap elevation is approximately 1.5m below the finished ground level. The pile cap is completely embedded in soil.
( pile cap dim. : 10m(L)x10m(W)x1m(H) in zone 2B as per UBC)
Do you think that it is necessary to include the pile cap mass in my seismic base shear calculations or not?
If so, could you please introduce any reference about the calculation of seismic force on pile caps.
Ahmad Daneshvar , SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: SEI/BPAD Trial Designs
- Next by Subject: Re: FW: seismic loads on post tensioned conc parking structures -Reply
- Previous by thread: Re: structural engineer compensation
- Next by thread: Re: seaint Digest for 3 Oct 1998