Seismic force on pile cap

I am designing a pile supported structure. The bottom of pile cap elevation is approximately 1.5m below the finished ground level. The pile cap is completely embedded in soil.
( pile cap dim. : 10m(L)x10m(W)x1m(H)  in zone 2B as per UBC)

Do you think that it is necessary to include the pile cap mass in my seismic base shear calculations or not?
If so, could you please introduce any reference about the calculation of seismic force on pile caps.
Thanks
Ahmad Daneshvar , SE