RE: CUREE-CALTECH WOODFRAME PROJECT RECEIVES

Thanks Bill, the "bodies" were meant to be metaphoric:>)
Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: BCainse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:BCainse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 03, 1998 9:32 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: CUREE-CALTECH WOODFRAME PROJECT RECEIVES

Dennis-

I'm not sure the "bodies" were found in the CUREE-CALTECH announcement but
it
appears the property damage was.  With the SEAOC Vision 2000 recommendations
pushing performance based design so heavily, I think we will see an
increased
interest in not just protecting lives (as the goal of the code provisions
currently is) but also in reducing damage (i.e., our liability just went up
but fees probably won't

I notice that Kelly Cobeen is on the CUREE-CALTECH project for the codes and
standards portion.  I've served on a couple of committees with her and she
has
about the best handle on the conventional construction provisions and the
problems they produce of anyone I know.  She also knows the code process
inside and out.  They made a good choice selecting her.

Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Albany, CA