Re: seaint Digest for 3 Oct 1998

>From: "Dennis S. Wish PE" <wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com>
>To: "SEA International List" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
>Subject: Avansee Code Check question
>
>I have downloaded the Avansee program and compared a simple one bay frame
>against a couple other programs. The only discrepency I found is in the AISC
>code check - specifically the bending stress ratio.
>I have written to Avansee to get a response, but wondered if anyone else has
>discovered a problem with this feature.
>Assume the Moment at the node is 63 ft-kips and section modulus for the
>member in the strong direction is 88 in^3 (these are close approximates of
>the W18x50 member used in my example). Avansee indicates that the actual
>bending stress ratio exceeds 1.0 which can not be the case since 63*12/88 =
>8.8 ksi - a far cry from 21.6 ksi allowable.
>I'm curious if anyone else has identified a problem in this module?
>thanks
>Dennis S. Wish PE

Please, Could You give all data of Your check ?
Geometrical scheme, loadimg scheme an so on.

If You prefer send them by e-mail.

Best Regards

Giammarco Negrini
Studio Negrini sas di G.Negrini e C.
Lainate ( MI ) - Italia
e-mail  : stn(--nospam--at)staff.it
Alternative e-mail  :  gm(--nospam--at)galactica.it