Horizontal Pressure Vessel

I am checking an existing  horizontal pressure vessel for a Client and have
been using finite elements to model the tank.  I was looking for a information
concerning any existing code that would give a formal method of calculating
the stresses/forces etc.   The Client wants to increase the pressure to 10
psig whereas the original design was for 6" of water as pressure and 2" of
water as vacuum.  I am getting a high compressive force in one direction at
the junction of the head to the shell.  I beleive this is due to the
incompatible "growth" of the 2 areas.

The high force is only for about 8" around the shell to head joint then
rapidly drops to half the force.    This is my first time doing a horizontal
tank and would like some insight from anyone familiar with horizontal tanks.

The tank is made of 316 Stainless and is 10' in diameter.  The length of the
shell is 16.5' and the heads appear to be a 10' radius approximately.  The
tank wall is 3/16" thick in all areas.  The specific gravity is 1.0 and the
operating temp is 300 degrees F.  The tank is supported on 2 saddles that are
about 2.5' from the end. of the shell itself.

The Client realizes that 3/16" material is typically a minimum allowed
thickness and is beleiving this tank can take the 10 psig.  In general, does
this sound correct for the geometry described above?

Thanks
Ron Martin, PE.