From: Bill Allen, S.E. [mailto:Bill(--nospam--at)AllenDesigns.com]
Sent: Friday, October 02, 1998 9:12 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: COMP: DesignJet 600 Plotter on a COM port

Thanks for the info. I have plenty of LPT cards but no available IRQs to
drive them. I have to try to use the available resources that I have.
That's
why I'm trying to run my plotter off of COM1. I managed to divert my
Laserjet to a USB port (thanks to a Belkin USB to Parallel cable-$75).
My
11x17 inkjet (Deskjet 1000c) cannot run from a USB port. My Zip drive
won't
work on this box (even though it did on the old box) so I just picked up
new ATAPI Zip drive which works off the IDE controller. This is O.K.
because
I only have one HDD and the resources are already dedicated to the 2nd.

Anyone out there running a Designjet 600 on a serial port at any higher
speed than 9,600 baud?

Thanks again,
Bill