Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Retaining Wall Design Pressures[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Retaining Wall Design Pressures
- From: "Pat Bachman" <BachmanPM(--nospam--at)c-b.com>
- Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 11:34:58 -0500
A few weeks back, there was a thread on the effect of water behind a retaining wall on the design pressure. I asked Mr. Rajendran if he could provide a numeric example. The one-page example is posted on the SEAINT website, and can be obtained by sending the message "get seaint retwall.xls" to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Thanks to Mr. Rajendran for taking the time to post the example. I was able to review the example today and it cleared up my continuing confusion from over the years. Based on the example and Ka=0.333 ===> EFPdry=35-psf, EFPsat=40-psf, and EFPsub=82-psf. Of course this simplification doesn't consider all three conditions occurring at the same time which is shown in the example.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Response to Thor - Instructions for Joining REACH Listservice
- Next by Subject: FW: Retaining Wall Design Pressures
- Previous by thread: AVwin98: code check results
- Next by thread: FW: Retaining Wall Design Pressures