From: Dan Vines [mailto:dan(--nospam--at)mowe.com]
Sent: Monday, October 05, 1998 11:11 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: COMP: DesignJet 600 Plotter on a COM port

Bill,

The network card will not require an IRQ.  As for the 3way print server,
if I am not mistaken, you would be able to run all 3 devices at the same
time.

In addition to the Linksys product I mentioned earlier, 3way external
print servers are also manufactured by HP and Intel.  Contacting thier
sales or tech support staff could verify that this will be possible.
This would allow you to put the DesignJet 600, the HP 1000, and the
Laserjet 4 on the print server (or you could leave the LJ4 on the USB
port).  This would free up LPT 2 for your OfficeJet while leaving your
Ditto on LPT1.

Good luck,
Dan