Fire Damage to Joists

Title: Fire Damage to Joists

I have a client that has had a fire in a lease property.

Open web joists, metal deck, et al on cast in place concrete bearing walls.
Fire was automobile on lift up near structure (joists)
I don't thin the walls were exposed directly to the heat source (ie they were much farther away the the roof structure.)

Other than the obvious looking at the joists for noticable sag due to steel becoming plastic, and examination of the embeds and top of wall for damage due to the expanxion of the joists, is/are there any other concerns?

Does this level of heat modify allowable stresses in the joist or deck materials?  Does it affect welded connections within the joist? etc.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated in advance.

robert d. rollo, PE
Corporate Associate
rrollo(--nospam--at)team-psc.com
(806) 747-0161vox