Re: structural engineer compensation

>From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
>Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 14:08:34 EDT
>To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>Subject: Re: structural engineer compensation
>

>In a message dated 10/3/98 4:18:41 PM, Structec(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:
>
>>Is the $ 70,000 median annual income cited in the August 1997 ENR
issue
>>real?
>

>I don't know, but I do recall that a recent article about the average
software
>engineer's salary being $160,000. apparently included Bill Gates',
slightly
>distorting the figure.

Of course it is NOT true!  And what that does, is encourage kids to go
for engineering for money they will likely never earn -most of them-,
but it keeps the general level of income very low, as well as the
engineering fees and the generalized lack of respectability and
credibility that characterizes this profession.

In a senior to reach that figure, will likely require long overtime
hours.

Jose