1903 STEEL BEAM ANALYSIS

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS;

I am working on evaluating a 1903 Structural Steel Building to load more
weights on the existing beams/girders.  Any body out there has a
sample/example for me.  I have done some work and I want to check my work to
make sure.  The allowable stress is 16 Ksi.  I am particularly interested in
shear stress analysis and how to retrofit the existing beams i.e., adding
steel plates at bottom etc.  A hand written example will do, I have a
spreadsheet to calculate moment of inertia for the old AMERICAN STANDARD BEAMS
(Rolled I-Sections 15" I-60 , etc.)

Also, any ideas how deal with the connections.  There are no as-built plans to
find out existing connection details. Thanks in advance for your help.

REGARDS,
Tahir