Water Retaining Concrete

First I want to thank Dan Huntington, Harold Sprague, Michael Davis and P.
Rajendran for there help on this. I am hoping to get some additional
information from ACI's Engineering department. I believe the best solution
is to increase the steel area, reduce the spacing on the horizontal bars and
discontinue the horiz. steel at the control joints. The control joints are
recessed similar to fig. 18-5(d) in Fintel's " Handbook " of Concrete
Engineering ". I think we will pour the rest of the wall around the first of
the year. I will post a follow up a couple of week after we pour them.
Hopefully with only very minor cracks.

Again thanks to all.

Acie Chance