Plan check submittals and shop drawings

I would like to get any opinion regarding the following circumstances.
We have a tilt-up building under construction in the county of Orange,
California.
The county building department requires that all prefabricated and deferred

items be prepared and sealed by a California licensed engineer. The roof
framing of this building consist of manufactured steel trusses and as part

of the plan check correction we have added a general note to our plans
saying that
" Truss calculations and plans shall be designed and sealed by a California

licensed engineer."
The truss manufacturer have submitted signed calculations but refuses to
seal
the plan which consist of a single sheet of erection plan and copies of our
details
pertaining to trusses.
The plan checker says that all deferred submittals must be sealed.
My questions are these:
When approved truss shop drawings are submitted to the building department,

are they considered deferred submittal? UBC 106.3.4.2
How would you resolve this problem?
Do you think that it is O.K. or appropriate for the engineer of record to
seal the truss
shop drawings, even if the manufacturer gives permission to use their
drawings?

I would appreciate your response.

Karim Hosseinzadeh, SE