Looking for information

Hi,

I am new to this bulletin board and am hoping this is the correct place
to seek information regarding Structural Engineering as a profession.

At this point in time I have a BS in Industrial Engineering & am looking
to change my career path.  I am leaning heavily toward Structural
Engineering but do not know what opportunities exist in the Sacramento or
Northern California area, outside of the larger cities.

For starters does anyone know of a resource that I can use to begin
researching both job opportunities & exploring career paths?

I am considering enrolling in the Masters in Civil Engineering with a
focus on Structural Engineering at CSUS in Sacramento.  It sounds like a
path that would work well with my desire to design & build structures.
My eventual goal would be to become a license Structural Engineer.  I
understand that this will require me to work under a licensed Structural
Engineer for several years and I am not aware of the opportunities to do
so in the Sacramento area.

Well, that is about it for now.

Any information in this area would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Dave Mosbacher
Mfg. Engineer
Apple Computer