Effects of earthquake event on bridge superstructure

Hello,

I am currently working on a bridge design project for the Salt Lake City area.  A major consideration in our design is seismic loading.  On two of the bridges we are working on we are employing longitudinal bolsters to prevent the superstructure from moving off of its piers and abutments.  These are continuous girders and the longitudinal bolsters are designed such that they will only be employed once the anchor bolts in the bearings shear off due to a low intensity event.  A discussion came up as to what happens to the superstructure following a design event, one in which the longitudinal bolsters are employed.

Assuming the anchor bolts do shear off and the allowable movement due to the bolsters is 50 mm, how is the bridge rehabilitated after an event.  Is the whole superstructure replaced, or is there a method in which the superstrucutre can be moved back to its original position and placed back on its bearings?

If anyone has experience in this or can refer me to a case history where such an event and rehabilitation took place I would be very interested to hear.  Thank you very much for your time!

Mitchell Dobres, EIT