Re: Plan check submittals and shop drawings

I too have had joist suppliers refuse to stamp submitted joist erection
drawings.  But I have been able to get a PE stamped letter stating that the
joists are designed for the specified loads.  So I now specify that the a PE
stamped certification be submitted, certifying that the joists have been
designed and manufactured to meet the specified load capacities.  I show the
joist layout and list the roof design loads on my design drawings, including
net uplift loads, and I specify that the joist supplier determine bridging
requirements (although I may also show minimum required bridging on my
drawings as well).  So you may want to check with the Building Official if
the
following is acceptable: submit a PE stamped certification form from the
joist
supplier regarding the joist design, and submit a PE stamped letter from the
EOR stating that the joist submittal has been reviewed for conformance with
the design intent.