Re: Allowable Bending stress for WT's

You're right, tee bending is not covered explicitly or even well suited
to be in a psuedo-elastic method such as allowable stress
design...primarily because lateral torsional buckling or local buckling
usually controls. You can find guidance however, in AISC's Load and
Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) Specification for Structural Steel
Buildings, both in Chapter F and in Appendix F.

Charlie