RE: Thoughts on Two Threads

In my honest opinion, $70,000 is somewhat low for an experienced and licensed structural engineer.  At least, for anyone over the age of 35.  The majority of engineers that I know all make at least twice their age, and many make closer to three times their age.  Of course, my experience has primarily been in Texas, where there is no state income tax, and large new brick homes in good neighborhoods still sell for less than $150,000.  This information is not intended to lure anyone to Texas.  Californians, in particular, do not adapt well.  They tend to get homesick for the ocean, real hills, real trees, moderate temperatures, earthquakes, mudslides, forest fires, and liberal politicians. !;^>

[Bill Polhemus]

Wow.  You really make me feel bad!

I was going along, thinking that my salary was just about adequate, and you blew my notion out of the water.

I live in Houston, and make $70k.  I'm 41, and in a supervisory capacity to boot.  So, I guess I should ask for a BIG raise?

Regards.

<<application/ms-tnef>>