Re: Design Build / GC-CM

>From: "Abdul Chahim" <chahim(--nospam--at)abam.com>
>To: "SEAC" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
>Subject: Design Build / GC-CM
>Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 13:28:29 -0700
>
>I would like to know if anyone had some real examples of projects done
>Design Build or GC-CM.
>I am interested in the success or problems with any of these type of
>contracts. I would appreciate some names of projects and the issues
that
>contributed to success or problems.
>Thanks,
>

>Abdul Chahim
>Project Engineer                                  BERGER/ABAM Engineers
Inc
>Voice: 206-431-2314                                33301 Ninth Avenue
South
>Fax:   206-431-2250                             Federal Way, WA
98003-6395
>chahim(--nospam--at)abam.com
http://www.abam.com

Black & Veatch and Mitsubishi-Toyobo are two good design-builders that
come to my mind. Most others obscure ones you find around town are
trying to rip-off the client and the public in general. It is a shame
that the US government or some branches are falling for that
design-build story.

Jose Diez P.E.