Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Design Build / GC-CM[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Design Build / GC-CM
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 08 Oct 98 14:25:00 -0400
I've worked on a couple of design-build projects as well as several proposals for design-build projects. My main objection to such projects is that "they are a rip-off to the engineer". It is difficult to accurately bid a construction project when the design has not yet been done. Thus significant resources have to be expended during the bid process to develop at least a preliminary design, so that cost estimates can be prepared. Sometimes firms are provided a fixed fee for submitting a bid, but such fees rarely cover the actual cost of developing the design-build estimate. Thus, such projects substantially increase the cost of getting work.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Design Build / GC-CM
- Next by Subject: RE: Design Build / GC-CM
- Previous by thread: RE: Design Build / GC-CM
- Next by thread: Design Build