Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE:COMP:Freeware?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE:COMP:Freeware?
- From: Ecengrs(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 13:33:17 EDT
Stan Caldwell wrote: <<Dear Busy Earl: << << So, are you saying that shrink-wrapped (commercial) software installs << faster, runs faster, or what? If a 4 MB download is a waste of your << time, perhaps you need a faster connection. Also, you can always << practice mult-tasking and do something productive while files are << downloading. Even Bill Clinton apparently practices multi-tasking! << << Stan R. Caldwell, P.E. << Puzzled in Dallas Not at all. My point is that ANY software package carries a price in terms of learning time, usage time, trying to get support time, etc. IF you place any value on your time. This time can be many hours, so when considering the "cost" of a software package, the purchase price really isn't that important, the much more important price is productivity lost or gained. Earl Conroy P.S. I hope all my competitors get that free AVWin program ;-)
- Prev by Subject: RE: COMP:Freeware?
- Next by Subject: RE: RE: COMP:Freeware?
- Previous by thread: RE: RE: COMP:Freeware?
- Next by thread: RE: COMP:Freeware?