Bearing for Metal Studs

Hello,

On a job I am doing the EOR calls for a full height stud and a jack stud
at typical exterior wall openings (see attached sketch) to support the
boxed beam.  The beam consists of a track on top with the flanges
turned down, 2 studs back to back, a track with flanges up and another
track with the flanges down.  The wall is load bearing and is carrying a
 significant load (this is over a wall opening).  Typical details I have
seen show the boxed beam bearing on the jack studs.  The problem I have
with this is we have 2000 lbs. of shear in the webs of the studs that are
being supported by a stud turned so that the webs do not align (my boss
likes to refer to this as a knife edge).  The track is not going to
significantly spread out the load.  Any thoughts on this condition?
Recommended details?

Thanks,

Mike