RE: Survey Lines on CAD

Yikes! That's a lot of typing. Do you use direct distancing (assuming you're up to R13 or R14)?
With direct distance input simply stretch your rubber band the direction you want to draw,
type in the distance and hit Enter. Works for editing as well as drawing.

I use 'snapang quite a bit when I'm drawing out of usual ortho modes...combined with direct distancing it's all real easy.

Cheers,
Robert