RE: COMP:Freeware?

Please be careful about the term "bugs" since the majority of "bugs" that
exist in software are actually the users lack of understanding on how to use
the software. I am not saying that Sib has a valid or invalid claim, but
would not want to make the implication that free software is any more or
less "buggy" than the software I paid for.
I recently purchased an IBM product for voice recognition. I use this to
automate tasks within Autocad. I found that the software saves macros only
to data files and these macros need to be recreated each time I start a new
drawings. I am not sure if this is a bug since I only just alerted IBC by
email to this problem. It may be that I misunderstood the instruction or
that it was never meant to be used with Autocad or other similar software.
In my first email response from tech support, I was told that the problem
was a buggy Windows 98 MSAA file and that Microsoft was responsible.
My point is that I invested in this software, spent a great deal of time
learning how to use it only to find that it may not be compatible with my
specific need. This is not necessarily a bug.
I have had my share of problems with Autocad for an investment of over
$2,700.00 at the time I purchased it. I find conflicts from one program due
to another loaded in the background. So far, no program that I have run has
ever been error free.
The only software that I would not recomment for full time use is BETA
software which is intended to be used to find bugs that might exist and
correct them prior to placing on the market.

Dennis Wish PE