Re: differential settlement

If you know depth of the garbage dump, my recommendation would be to
replace that completely with a structural fill. If it is too deep to
economically remove and replace, then support your building on grade
beam and piers.  Also, you may want to consider the question of handling
harmful gases that will form due to the decomposition of organics.

Rajendran