Re: 1997 code / dynamic analysis speaker @ Santa Barbara

     On Wed. Oct 14 , the tri counties chapter of SEAOSC has a dinner meeting
in Santa Barbara. Shafat Qazi is our speaker. He will talk about/ demonstrate
the advantage of using a computer dynamic analysis and the related differences
from the 1994 code to the 1997 code coming into play. He told me he will
demonstrate modeling a multi story building in 20 minutes.
As many of you know, Shafat has volunteered huge amounts of time to computer
applications committees, the web site, this list server, current SEAOSC board
member, and probably more that i am forgetting. He came and spoke to us 4
years ago and told us about pentium computers before we knew what they were.
Everyone i talked to in attendance was thoroughly impressed. We are very
fortunate to have Shafat take all this time to prepare and come a very long
way to inform us.
The tri counties chapter ( Ventura, Santa Barbara , San Luis Obispo Counties )
of SEAOSC tries to present dinner meetings that give the practicing engineer
or plan check engineer information to take right back to their office and use.
We welcome engineers from all over. Last year an engineer came from Northern
CA for our retaining wall talk and drove 11 hours round trip. Many come from
L.A. which is 1-1/2 hours each way to Santa Barbara.
For more information you may call me at 805-499-4484 or Don Gilbert @
562-908-6131.

Tom Harris , SE
Thousand Oaks, CA