Re: Plan check submittals and shop drawings

Hello Tom

Standard practice on the East coast is for the design engineer to provide
connection loading, and the detailer designs the connections. The AISC
guidelines of standard practice, a primarily East coast document, indicate
that design drawings are to have beam reactions clearly indicated on the
contract documents in support of this practice.

I do not know if the Midwest follows the same practice.

I am in California, so maybe some one east of the Mississippi can shed
additional light on the subject.

Paul Feather PE